Cornwallis House is a two storey Queensland house which has been purposely designed to meet the needs of small groups for get-togethers with family and friends. It provides guests with a level of comfort, space and privacy unmatched in the area.
The House & Grounds:
- Convenient location in the heart of the Hawkesbury Valley, only a 4 minute drive or 20 minute bike ride from town (Windsor) or just over an over from the Sydney city CBD.
- Quiet, green rural setting amongst small agriculture farms that make you feel like you’re way out in the country.
- Acres of mature orange orchards surround the house. One of the highlights of your stay will be picking the fruit from the tress to make fresh juice for breakfast (in season May-August).
- The house is on acreage with spacious grounds and lawn areas overlooking the river.
- Spectacular views from every corner of the house.
- Exclusive hire – you don’t share it with anyone else, including the owners
- Massive wraparound under cover verandahs, including an extended verandah for dining and entertaining, doubling the available living space.
- Ample off street parking.
- Plenty of space for a wedding on site
The Bedrooms and Bathrooms:
- 4 BEDROOMS – 3 are upstairs and 1 is downstairs.
- 4 BATHROOMS – each bedroom has its own private en-suite bathroom.
- Each room has a king size bed which can be split into 2 x long single twin beds on request.
- Should your group need 8 separate beds we can provide this. (No double bunks, or sofabeds).
- The house sleeps 8 people comfortably, but extra guests (maximum of 4) can be accommodated on deluxe airbeds, on an air base, which are available at an additional cost. Maximum of 12 guests altogether.
- Large built in wardrobes and luggage racks in each bedroom,
- Hair dryer and complimentary toiletries in every bathroom.
- The downstairs en suite has a bath with an overhead shower, the 3 upstairs bathrooms have frameless glass showers (no baths).
The Kitchen & Cooking Facilities:
The house has a superb fully equipped gourmet kitchen which is the focal point of the house and the place where everyone tends to gather. The kitchen is for people who like to cook (or at least have the option to cook if they want to).
- Massive Ceasarstone island bench with 8 breakfast bar stools with plenty of room for everyone.
- Induction Cooktop with extraction fan, stainless steel combi microwave/oven, plus a separate pyrolytic multi function oven, dishwasher and side by side freezer and fridge with ice maker in the door.
- Outside on the verandah is a stainless steel 4 burner BBQ with hood and side wok burner.
- Automatic coffee maker machine, with coffee pods.
- Wide range of small electrical appliances such as a large electric frypan, slow cooker, rice cooker, deep fryer, full size blender (perfect for making cocktails), a stick blender, toasted sandwich maker, teppan-yaki bbq plate, toaster, electric jug, electric coffee percolator, large citrus juicer, electric knife, digital scales, and a small cake mixer.
- Plenty of crockery, cutlery and glassware
- Full range of cooking utensils, mixing bowls, pots & pans, microwave & baking dishes, as well as entertaining trays, platters, plates, bowls and cake stands.
- Plastic drinking cups and glasses etc to be used in the jacuzzi
- Clean aprons & tea towels are provided.
- The pantry comes stocked with basic provisions such as a large variety of sauces, condiments, herbs & spices, salt & pepper, curry powder, mustards, flours, serviettes, kitchen paper, bake paper, glad wrap, foil, garbage bags and so on.
In winter you’ll be warm and cozy with:-
- Central heating throughout the house (upstairs and downstairs).
- Remote controlled Gas log fireplace
- Under floor heating and heated towel rails in the bathrooms
- Oil heaters in the bedrooms.
To keep cool in summer the house has:-
- Ducted central air conditioning.
- Remote control ceiling fans in every room and on the entertaining verandah.
- The French doors and floor to ceiling windows throughout the house open up and allow the flow through of any available breeze.
Outdoor Leisure and Recreation:
- Wander through the orchard picking oranges from the trees to juice for your breakfast (in season May – August), or you might like to have a picnic in the orchard.
- Soak up the tranquillity in the 6 person outdoor jacuzzi situated on its own mezzanine deck. This spa has the best views in the whole of the Hawkesbury and is the perfect place to be at sunset.
- Flop into one of the 4 family size hammocks for a snooze or a quiet read.
- Enjoy a long lazy meal, a few drinks and a chat with your friends and family in one of the many outdoor settings on the verandah or downstairs on the lawn.
- Go for a gentle pedal on the pushbikes and explore the flat country lanes of the “lowlands” area or ride into town to the cafes, shops and pubs etc.
- There’s loads of outdoor recreational games for adults and older children to keep you amused including a giant outdoor lawn games (chess, checkers, scrabble), volleyball, cricket, soccer, badminton, bocce (boules) croquet, baseball, & kites.
- In the winter you might like to toast some marshmallows or chill out by the Outdoor Fire pit (we supply the wood) BYO marshmallows.
- Keep warm outside when the weather turns cold with our gas outdoor “mushroom “style heaters.
- TVs with DVD players in every bedroom,
- Large Full HD LCD TV in the lounge room.
- Blue Ray DVD player with Surround Sound in the lounge room
- Google Chromecast device attached to the main TV in the lounge room so you can stream your own subscription channels from your devices to the TV.
- Stereo system with ipod/ ipad/ iphone capability and indoor /outdoor speakers.
- A huge variety of adults & children’s DVDs and CDs.
- Board games and card games for adults and children
- Toys for babies/toddlers (on request)
- Shelves full of recently released books (novels) and stacks of magazines.
Phones & Broadband:
- Local land line telephone
- Full mobile phone reception
- Free Wireless broadband
- Iron & Ironing board
- Baby equipment includes 2 x fold up high chairs, a stair safety gate and 2 portable cots (BYO sheets etc).. all available on request.
- Built-in laundry equipment (front loader washing machine and separate dryer)
To check availability and rates, call 02 4577 6535 or click here to send us an email enquiry.
Please note that due to the proximity to the river, and the lack of fences, the property is not suitable for pets.
Children must be accompanied by an adult AT ALL TIMES when outdoors on the property, especially in the proximity of the riverbank.