This experience package is designed for small groups of people of want to get away for a relaxing weekend in excellent quality accommodation, and at the same time find out more about our fascinating colonial heritage.
Weekends start at $200 per person for a 2 night stay based on a minimum of 8 people
Being only the third settlement in the colony, The Hawkesbury is full of history and heritage, just waiting for you to explore it.
We include full hot & cold breakfast provisions so you don’t have to do the shopping or bring it with you. ?Relax over a lazy long breakfast that you cook yourself when you feel like it.
Late Check Out
We offer you the opportunity to check out late on your last day (or early the next morning) at no extra cost (subject to availability). You can enjoy a sleep in, have a lazy lunch and go home at your leisure.
Walk Back in Time
Every Sunday you can go for a journey into Australia’s colourful past. No history buff can go past a visit to the newly re-opened Australian Pioneer Village at Wilberforce, where the new Channel 7 TV series “The Wild Boys” has been filmed.
Not to be missed is a walk along Australia’s newest World Heritage Listed site, the Old Great North Road, completed in 1836, it is the best surviving intact example of a convict built stone road with many culverts and bridges, situated on the edge of the beautiful Yango National Park.
Historical Places to Visit Nearby
- Ebenezer Church – the oldest surviving church in Australia
- Macquarie Arms Hotel – the oldest pub in Australia
- Thompson Square in Windsor, where the convicts were hung at the gallows
- Tebbutts Observatory , one of the oldest in Australia (visit by appointment only)
- Windsor Court House – one of the oldest continuing court houses in Australia (visit when court is not in session)
- At Hawkesbury Regional Museum you can enjoy the constantly changing exhibitions; listen to talks, take walking tours and attend events
- Buy or browse for antiques in the areas few remaining antique centres, one in Windsor and one in Kurrajong Village
- Participate in heritage based events such as Proclamation Day Street Parade and Re-Enactment (December), and the Hawkesbury Show (May)
There’s also a full range of leisure activities to choose from:
- Pick oranges from the trees in our orchard
- Go for a bike ride along the quiet country lanes
- Expend some energy by challenging friends and family to a game of table tennis, cricket or volley ball
- Soak your troubles away in the 6 person spa
- Be mesmerised by the spectacular sunsets